Selling a piece of land can be a daunting task. If you do a quick search on the Internet or local listings, you will find that not all of the real estate agents are interested in your piece. Some prefer more expensive and more improved properties where they have the potential to reap higher financial rewards. If you do not want to deal with agents who might not be able to provide you with a good service, you can still sell your land with these tips.
- Know your land’s worth. You can do so by checking the local market for similar locations and features. Know the recent sales activity and create a comparison.
- Make sure potential buyers can find you. Get your property listed in as many directories, free classifieds, and local listings that you can find. You can even put a sign on the lot with your contact number where buyers can reach you.
- Make use of the Internet as most people nowadays use it to search for anything of interest. If you cannot afford to host a personal website, use the sites that offer free tools and templates to create a website that fits your product.
- Reach out to potential buyers directly. Tell your neighbors, friends and colleagues about your property. Check if they are interested or they have friends that might be interested. Sometimes leads come in the form of referrals.
- Talk to business professionals and get ideas on how to market your property.
All these are good however there are also disadvantages of selling the property yourself. Let’s say, you have put a sign on the lot with your phone number where potential customers can reach you but is the lot near a well-traveled road where people can see your sign? Do you live near the property for sale? Most of the time, clients would like to visit the property they are interested in before the actual sale. If it is difficult for you to meet clients in a timely manner, you might lose the sale. Do you have the experience to deal with potential buyers?
If you find yourself in one or more of these situations, it is better to look for a reliable private land investor that will buy your land for cash. Your time might be better spent in doing what you do best. This is where Lucas Properties LLC can help you. They are focused on buying and selling properties without the inconveniences of the traditional real estate market processes.